Steve Straus is the Head of Private Equity and Lender Coverage at SCALE.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (847) 507-1937
- 40 years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- 25 years of senior management experience.
- Advised over a dozen private equity firms.
- Former President & CEO of Sona Dermatology and MedSpa.
- Former CEO of LCA Vision, a NASDAQ listed 78-unit Lasik surgery business.
- Former Senior Vice President of Medical Care America / HCA Healthcare, Ambulatory Surgery Division, a 136-unit multi-specialty surgery center business.
- Former Vice President at Baxter Healthcare and American Hospital Supply.
Steve is responsible for developing and managing long term, mutually beneficial relationships with private equity sponsors who are focused on investing in and growing outpatient healthcare services businesses across the full spectrum of clinical specialties. In this role, Steve brings together SCALE subject matter experts and our deep portfolio of resources with private equity sponsors, portfolio company management teams and physicians to explore opportunities, solve problems and alleviate pain points.
Steve has worked in the healthcare industry his entire 40+ year career in a variety of operating leadership, board of directors and advisory roles, in both supplier and provider sectors; and in public and privately held companies ranging from start-up ventures to private equity sponsored businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
Steve is the former President & CEO of Sona Dermatology and MedSpa, Group President at Jordan Industries, and held several leadership positions at Baxter Healthcare & American Hospital Supply Corporation.
Steve is also the former the CEO of LCA Vision where he successfully turned around the 78-unit Lasik surgery center business by reducing operating expenses and improving operational metrics. He was also Senior Vice President of Medical Care America / HCA Healthcare, which during his tenure performed 8% of all cataract surgeries in the U.S., and was able to grow operating profit 19% in 4 years’ time in the network of 136 single and multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers.
Steve serves on a variety of non-for-profit and PE sponsored healthcare services company boards. He is a former recipient of the HCA Healthcare Presidents Award and Malcolm Baldridge Quality Award. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire and is an Eagle Scout.